7A District 7 Preview
Teams: Armwood Blake Brandon Chamberlain King Hillsborough
Last season the 7A District 7 will be pretty much the same this sesson. A top heavy district that’s will showcase experienced teams.
- Armwood – Coach Patrick Kelly and the Hawks went 15-12 overall last year, 6-4 in district play. Armwood started off drastically slow losing 4 out of their first 5 games. Some of the loses were due to injuries because the do have a decent team when healthy. Ky Harmon and Stephonse Mack are the impact guys for the Hawks. After watching them a couple of times in pre season, i think if they stay focused defensively they will be the favorites to win this district. Look for 6’6″ PF Malcolm Lamar to be the difference.
- Hillsborough – Hillsborough coming off a District title, has its hands full this season. Coach Chris Ward.has to replace major impact players, Bryce Moragne, Zach Carter , Dexter Stallworth were big pieces. The Terriers will focus on 2019 Tyler Thomas and 2020 Tyriq James.
- Brandon – was 17-7 overall a year ago, 2-9 in district play. Graduating Seniors Harrison Jones(Pasco-Hernando CC) and Kobe Weaver made up more then half of the teams PPG average, that’s a big lose in this years lineup. With a new Coach and trying to find something or someone that works, this will be a rebuilding year for the Eagles.
- King – Went 13-14 overall last year, 6-6 in district play under Coach Micheal Weaving and had two decent seasons. However, Coach Weaving is no longer running the Lions. But i do think they will be .500 team.
- Chamberlain – went 16-10 overall last season, 8-3 in district play. Coach Christopher Synder and the Chiefs were runner-ups last season and will make a strong push to win it all. Coach Synder always has a player that’s a diamond in the rough.
- Blake – In 2015-16 and 2016-17, the Yellow Jackets had very disappointing seasons. going 0-10 in both district seasons. The Yellow Jackets need to show life. Lets see who will be the guy.