Here’s a look at our Hillsborough County Preseason Top 10 Teams. Bay Area Hoops along with Issa Bucket Productions will put out a top 10 list every two weeks with their respective keys players in no order.
Top 10 Teams
- Coach Adrian Johnson has to replace some important pieces too win his district. This team stands on its staple of having athletes who run and press at all times. The 2019 backcourt PG duo of David Cecil and Jamarcus Robertson are very important but the key to there victory’s will be in Ashtin Dore and 2019 F Gavin Antoine. Dore is pure energy on both ends and Antoine can dominate the interior plus is a walking doubl double. the interior.
- TC has always stayed on top or relevant and Coach Don Dziagwa will depend on upper classmen 2020 SG Kobe Knox, F Isaiah Elmore and F Alijah Harrison. This team has the chemistry, experience and credibility to be one of the top 3 teams in the County. Look for up and coming freshman F Derrick Mitchell to make a difference.
- Hillsborough coming off a District title, can strike again under the guidance of Coach Chris Ward. The Terriers have picked up 6’8” F James Pursley who is a recent transfer from Keystone Prep who will beef up the terriers interior to help Senior F Warren Mclymont. But the wheels to this team is 2019 PG Christian Deleon who is the heart and floor general for this squad.
- The Ravens Senior core of Kamalii Findlay, Sager Cavalier and Terrionce Blalock will be something to watch. 6’4” F Sager Cavalier is the major guy for this team, because he will out work most of his opponents on both ends of the court. Coach Tood Price will find others to add some help like 2019 DJ Gooden who can pick up the slack.
- The Buccaneers 6’8” F and Western Michigan committ 2019 Chase Bars will be the focal point this year along with 2020 Kegan Karnes. Looking for SG Ronnie Williams to help stretch the floor offensively and 6’5” freshman F CJ Hawkins be a standout. However, Coach Renaldo Garcia will be put to the test competing in his district against some tough competition. Look for them in February at the National Hoopfest.
- Coach Neal Goldman and the Tigers always have dominant seasons in there district and this year will not be different. Big contributions will be from Jack Cooper and 6’8” F Andrew Dansoh.
- The Panthers will continue to be a presence and Coach Joe Willis will definitly make sure that offense continues to run like a well oiled machine. see a big difference. Major factors are 2019 Air Force committ Logan Morrissey, 2020 Reagan Weiss and 2019 Colin Sowada who are both receiving college interest.
- Coach Tommy Tonelli has a solid team again this year. 2019 UCF committ Darin Green plus 2020 Carr Thiam and 2020 Gio Reyes are expected to push Wharton to be favorites to win their district.
- Coach Chris Senoga- Zake has the backcourt in 2019 PG Malcolm Whitlow and 2019 G Edgar Ziegler who are possible the best back court in the county. Whitlow is a prolific scorer at the PG position. While adding 2022 6’6” F Tony Livingston who will be the interior force CDS needs.
- Coach Fenlon is ready and looking for top 2019 prospect Jaren Phillips to be the lead scorer for this Terrapin team. Look for 2019 6’5″ F Gabriel Sharp and Jaden Gray to be a major factor.
Teams to Watch
- Coach Sam Moorer and the Crusaders have been getting there young core of players ready. Watch G Michael Trigg, 6’4” transfer Willie Jones, PG Isaiah Reed and 2019 6’5” F Cornelius Bobo to be the major players.
- Coach Billy Teeden’s looks to replace an impact player at the PG position. The Raiders will lean on 2019 6’7” Bethune-Cookman committ Justyn King who is capable of leading this team to a district title. However, injuries may plague the Raiders. So the outside shooting of 2019 Mickey Oyola and Drew Johnson will be crucial. 2019 SF Jaydn Strawder will be an x-factor because he can impact many of the Raiders games by his 3 pt shooting and defensive presence.
- The Chargrs have been competitive and consistent through the years under Coach Andre Lewis. However, this year will be a another test especially with transfers and injuries. The growth and maturity of their senior guards must be a factor! 2019 PG Jalen Brown, 2019 6’3″ G Romaire “Ro” Burke have to make statements and 2021 G CJ Crews will be key. The key factors will be the inside play of recent 6’5” Durant transfer Cornelius Giovenco and 2021 6’5” Chauncey Johnson. Once again, this team controls its own destiny.
- The Sharks may surprise some teams this year with the emerging of talents like Junior 6’3” SG Jaden Ramos and Junior 6’4” SG Tyler Cauley. I like what Coach Milton Clifton is doing over there.