2016-2017 4A District 4 Preview
4A District 4
Teams: Tampa Prep Seffner Christian Cambridge Christian Adimral Farragut Calvary Christian Indian Rocks Christian Shorecrest Prep Northside Christian St. Petersburg Catholic
4a District 4 which will display big names like Tampa Prep and Seffner Christian and give some good looks of upcoming programs like Cambrige Christian. Seffner Christian who had a chance to win the District title last season and makes a clear stance to be the head runner again. With new team additions and transfers, this is a completely different district. Look for some great individual talents to standout. This will be another interesting district.
- Tampa Prep – finished 2015-2016 19-11 overall, 6-2 in Districts plus earned a District title, will be faced with some good competition. Coach Fenlon has consistently put quality teams together to compete or win this district. The Terrapins will replace some key players this year plus give a different look offensively in the back court without graduate Tyson Ward (North Dakota) and Juwan Durham (UConn). 2019 impact player Jaren Phillips will be the focus for Fenlon this year. But there will be some others that will definitely produce.
Amari Goulbourne – the 2017 PG is a tough player that will give it his all every night. He will be the key to the Terrapins success because he will have to be a true general this year and put those pieces together. He averaged 7.6pts 5.9 ast, 4.5 rebs and 3.3 steals per contest last year.
Tre Sibert (x-factor) – a 6’4″ 2018 F who averaged 10pts as sophomore will have to be aggressive on the boards and do all the little things in the paint. Sibert will have to be a double double guy, he will be a huge factor!
Jaren Phillips- Is an emerging talent to become a D1 prospect. Phillips ability to get to the basket is impressive, he uses size and strength to beat up opposing defenders. He averaged 12pts and 5rebs last season and that will increase. Look for Phillips to be a 20 plus scorer this season.
Seffner Christian – finished 2015-2016 20-9 overall, 8-0 in District play. Coach Sam Moorer and the Crusaders will be defending their district title this year with a returning roaster that’s pretty good. With so many weapons this year plus a few transfers, it will be hard not to have them as a favorite to win again. Look for standout forward and Citadel commit Derek Webster to produce. Seffner’s will need the core of Reid Walker, Christian Noskey and Darius Lue to pull out this district.
Derek Webster – a 6’5″ 2017 F, averaged 12pts and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. His role will be similar but i think is impact to the game will be more visual from a leader stand point. Webster as been working over the summer and it will show this season.
Reid Walker – a 6’4″2017 SG/F, averaged 14pts, 3.8 ast and 4.9 rebounds per game. Walker brings the energy to this team. Reid will play both ends, look for him to have a good year.
Donald Jordan(x-factor) – the 6’4″ F is a stat filler and will be the factor for the crusaders.
Darius Lue – the 2017 PG has to be consistent running the offense this year, he can give the team more options offensively.
Christian Noskey(x-factor) – the 6’6″ SF made some noise last season and averaged 8pts and 5 rebs being extra option.
- Cambridge Christian – Will try to make some noise with many new faces. With new Coach Teddy Dupay and some key transfers such as DJ Mercer(PG) and a few others. The Lancers finished 2015-2016 9-13 overall, 2-6 in District play. The Lancers will be without leading scorer Caleb Young (PG/SG) who tore his ACL but will be back next year. Were hearing of about 4-5 other new key players that will be new to the system but should contribute. The Lancers will have a tough task in the district but it will be interesting to watch.
Jaylin Jackson – a 5’10″2018 PG averaged 11.9 ppg and should be a good pair with DJ Mercer.
Richard Gouraige II – 6’5″ 2017 F, averaged 6.4 ppg
Mike Watkins – 6’0″ 2019 G averaged 6’4″ ppg
DJ Mercer– the 6’0″ 2018 G averaged 10 ppg and will find ways to be a threat on the floor. He’s getting comfortable becoming a PG and starting to add on to his game. A good outside shooter and wants to face all top competition. Look for him to make a statement this year.
- Admiral Farrgut – finished 2015-2016 12-11 overall, 7-5 in their previous District. Coach Herman Roldan will have his hands full in this new district. The Blue Jackets have some bright talents in Cross Meehan, Andre Fuller and Jeremiah Zio ,Winston Dessesow, Tyreke Montgomery ,Zack Fine, Pedro Franco, Jalen Bourne and Elie Curry
Cross Meehan– the 2017 G can shoot the long ball and be a factor in games.
Andreas Fuller – at 6’5″, the 2018 F should have a better year producing offensively. Averaged 17 ppg, 4.2 ast, 6.8 rebs and 3.8 stls. He’s another player that can fill a stat line.
Jeremiah Zio – another player that will give an edge to the Blue Jackets in the front court. The 6’7″ F averaged 11 ppg and 7.3 rebs.
- Calvary Christian – Will make a good push for the district title. With the duo of Eddie Williams and Paxton Wilson this team is deadly! Will Coach Keb Burley have enough fire power to sustain Seffner Christian after loosing a few players? That’s just one of the questions to be asked, so lets set our sights on there game dated for Dec. 9th, 7:30 at Calvary Christian.
Paxton Wlison – a 2017 SG that’s one of the biggest threats from outside the arc in the area, he averaged 16.3 ppg last season. Wilson as bulked up and looks ready to play.
Eddie Williams (x-factor) – the 2017 G/F can be a game changer! The Chargers will need his size and ability to play off the dribble to get to the basket. Williams averaged 12.4 ppg and 6.6 rebs.
- Indian Rocks Christian – The Golden Eagles lost the bulk of their scoring in graduate Ty Majlik. Coach Eddie Moralobo will look to player like Sam Veltman to pick up the scoring. Should get some production from new transfers and 6’6″ Oakley Albanson. There front court is bulky and should be effective in half court sets.
Sam Veltman – a 6’4″ F who averaged 7.6 ppg and 4.4 rebs.
Oakley Albanson – a 6’6″ F who averaged 5.9 ppg and 5.1 rebs
- Northside Christian – Has a couple of pieces to work with. The Mustangs are young and they should bring there whole team back. I’m looking for players like Demetrius Jackson to standout.
Demetrius Jackson – 2017 G, averaged 18.7 and 6 rebs
Derrick Wright – 2017 G, averaged 11.9 ppg
2020 PG Tre Gilliam, now at Gibbs HS
- Shorecrest Prep – The 3A District 8 champs who now are placed in a real competitive district this year, loses 9 seniors. Lets see what Coach Daryl Blume can do with his young team.
- St. Petersburg Catholic – Coach Mike Moran may be in a rebuilding stage losing 7 seniors.
Predictions for 2017:
- Seffner Christian
- Tampa Prep
- Calvary Christian
- Cambridge Christian
- Adimral Farrgut
- Indian Rocks Christian
- Northside Christian
- Shorecrest Prep
- St. Pertersburg Catholic
Surprise team to look for: Cambridge Christian
Stats courtesy of Maxpreps