Second Annual Red’s Team Sports Super 64 Showcase Recap
Tampa Thunder and Red Team Sports hosted their Second Annual invitation-only Red’s Team Sports Super 64 Showcase held at Florida Southern College in Lakeland, FL. This event continues to impress and exceed expectations. Players received evaluations from various scouting services and played in the presence of college coaches. Players were scouted based on three 5-on-5 refereed games.
The level of competition was balanced and ranged from 9th-12th grade student-athletes and two 8th graders. The AAU clubs in attendence have a history of producing college prospects.
Repersented AAU organiztions included:
Tampa Thunder, Florida Flight, Blue Star Florida, Central Florida Elite, FGB Lightning, Tampa Bay Inferno, Orlando Wolves, Miami Suns, DEBO, Palm Beach Garden Starzz, Florida Future, Orlando Sting, Jacksonville Lady Rams, Jacksonville Magic and the Port Orange Flames.
Stephanie Paul Shows Promise!
Stephanie Paul 2016 PF 6’0″ Community School of Naples: May have been the BEST player in attendance. Paul made an impact in all games she played. She’s a superb athlete with lots of energy. She was able to get up and down the floor, showed good foot work and dribbled in transition well for her size. She had a dominating post presence as well as a soft touch with her jump shot.
Tracey Kemp 2016 CG 5’6″ Boca Raton Community HS: Very solid and was able to drive the ball in the paint. Handle ball pressure well and finished through contact. Kemp’s strength is her most impressive asset..
Peyton Walker 2015 F/W 5’10” Seffner Christian Academy: Scores the ball inside and out. Peyton is a team player that demonstrates leadership qualities. Walker lives for contact, diving for loose balls and creating problems in the painted area with dribble penitration.
Jahmila McIntyre 2015 C 6’0″ Apopka HS: Active on the boards. Mcintyre played within her game and made things simple. Was very comfortable in the post. Moved around without the ball.
Bailee Wolfe 2015 PF/C 6’2″ George Jenkins HS: Big presence in the post. Good foot work, Shoots the ball well out of the high post. Committed to: UAB
Randi “Khale” Chandler 2015 CG 5’6″ George Jenkins HS: Plays the PG spot as it should be played. Shot the open three ball consistently. Chandler was unselfish and displayed good court vision.
Rachel Levy 2017 G/W 6’2″ Boca Raton Community HS: A player that’s up and coming. Long and athletic. Levy needs to demand the ball more but showed lots of potential.
Chelsea Johnson 2015 SG 5’7″ Colonial HS: Wasn’t afraid to get other people involved in this type of setting. A very calm player with burst of emotion and speed. Her first step was very impressive. Johnson also showed on the ball defense.
Eye Catching Players:
- Taylor Wagner 2016 SG 5’10” Gulf Coast HS
- Mya Gusto 2019 PG 5’3″ Community School of Naples (8th grader)
- Mary Martha Turner 2018 W 5’11” IMG Academy
- Audra Leipold 2018 SG 5’7″ Academy at the Lakes
- Ashley Rodriguez 2015 G/W 5’10” Timber Creek HS
- Shayna Lawrence 2016 PF 6’0″ Plant City HS
- Jewel Montisano 2016 G 5’7″ Spruce Creek HS
- Avree Carpenter 2017 CG 5’6″ McKeel Academy
- Deja Turner 2016 G/W 5’10” Plant HS
- Rachel Briere 2015 PF 6’0″ Steinbrenner HS
- Carly McLendon 2015 PF/P 6’0″ Seminole HS (Sanford, FL)
- Vernisha Andrews 2015 F 5’9″ Lake Mary HS
- Kellie Gaston 2015 CG 5’8″ Countryside HS
- Tina Stephens 2017 PF 6’0″ Seffner Christian Academy
- Alexis Siler 2017 PF 6’0″ Winter Park HS
- Adrienne Jackson 2016 G/W 5’9″ Leesburg HS
- Dejsha Hall 2016 PF/C 6’3″ Colonial HS
- Angelica Delgado 2017 SG 5’4″ Colonial HS
- Maria Jaramillo 2016 CG 5’7″ Timber Creek HS
- Kristin Gaston 2016 PG 5’5″ Countryside HS