Chamberlain(Favorite): Reshawn Fredericks is the key factor and some key players like Ronald Blunt is a must for the Chiefs to win this District.
Jefferson: Maurice Moore is capable of being in the conversation of Top 5 in the county but his ability to lead this team must show. Watch for Vernon Jackson who can give some good minutes.
Armwood: Devontae Myles should play better at the SF position especially if his outside shot as improved. Coach Kelly may bring a new attitude to the Hawks. X-factors are Shawn Pomales and Jonah Johnson
Lennard : Can they succeed after Caelen Watts or Gary Hector? Danny Gaddis has proving his self as a dominant and productive Head Coach and i think he will put some special things together to stay competitive.
Hillsborough: There young and ready to compete. Lets see what Zachary Carter and Danzel Madden can contribute to help the Terriers this season.
Leto: Up and coming PG David Jones will keep Leto in many of their games.
King: Its hard to win if you can’t score the ball and the absence of all-star player Rashad Green will show this year.
Blake: Has been a non factor since their Andre Smith days. Need to rebuild their program again.
- Tampa Prep(favorite): High D1 prospect and Marquee player Juwan Durham, is coming along fast and it may be to late for the rest of this district to catch up with him. Coach Joe Fenlon has some key players in Tyson Ward, Michael Fridella and Amari Goulbourne.
- Brooks-DeBartolo collegiate: With high energy Stefan Kitchen playing his natural position, the additions of transfers Bryant Searcy(North Arizona commit), Johnny Lampkin, Kajaun Jones and an injury free Akieem Sims Brooks- DeBartolo will compete for that district title. PG Jarred Anderson will be an interesting key because he will have to management and distribute the ball to a team of scorers. If they can get the chemistry together early they have a legit chance to beat Tampa Prep.
- Seffner Christian: Since this district has gotten so tough and only 5 teams, its going to be interesting on how Kent Hegarty and Derek Webster perform ever game.
- Bidhop Mclaughlin Catholic: 6-5 Sr. William Potosky will have to carry the load for the Hurricanes.
- Carrollwood Day: Not enough information
- East Bay(favorite): Billy Teaden and his team are hungry for another district title. Jonathan Jean is back and ready to perform. Adding an aggressive addiction in transfer guard DJ Sharp will make them impressive in the back court again. If East Bay can control the boards this season they will be hard to beat.
- Tampa Bay Tech: Expecting a lot from this team. This can be a turn around season Tech. If Payton Wilson becomes an impact player and they can show their athletic side, they will be a team you don’t want to face. Keep an watch out for Erik Morgan.
- Brandon: After a hard rebuilding summer for Coach Jamie Turner and the Eagles. Look for strong performances from Dante Mitchell and Romillo Fields.
- Strawberry Crest: Crest is another rebuilding program with lots of young players. The focal point will be Sr. PG Isaiah Channer. The key players will be 6-4 Emory Williams and Jordan White. Coach Andre Lewis and the Charges will face some new obstacles this season with the development of Jaison Joseph, Reinard Burke and Tehron Brathwaite.
- Durant: With a young core of Tyler White, Erik Hernandez and Justin Hughes Coach Brandon Waraska will have some issues defensively but will be better then last year.
- Plant City: New Coach Jerry Yoder will have to prove something this season.
- Freedom(favorite): The most complete team in this district. Chase Creasy, Miguel Rojas, Sheldon Odunna and Quenden James are posed to become winners of this district.
- Sickles: PG Marcus Cohen will get some help from 6’4” freshmen phenom guard Antwan Jones. 6’7” Soph. C Desmond Bessent will be needed in the paint to contend for the title.
- Steinbrenner: Craig Hall and Jack Frank must play big to be considered champions of this district. Guard play will be a question for this team.
- Wiregrass Ranch: Missing 6-7 PF/C Sammy Buzik (who transferred to west Oaks Academy) will be visible.
- Gaither: Must get better then 1-7 (District) 4-16 (Overall)
- Jesuit(favorite): Daniel Darst and Christian Whidden will be a 1-2 punch. Jesuit will always be consistent.
- Middleton: Athletic combo guard Dontez Hardy must have a outstanding season for the Tigers to compete. Look out for DJ Jordan.
- Robinson: With Kajuan Jones transferring out and without graduate Cody Brown who will take up the slack? Look for Travis Forehand to have a good year.
- Spoto: Needs to figure it out. Coach Dominic Girod has a task in front of him. Not winning a game last season can leave a lasting effect.
- Plant(favorite): The loss of Andre Sanders is big but Tyler Beal and emerging impact player Sam Schobben can be enough to still take this district.
- Wharton: Look for RJ Palmer to produce. Can easily come win this district.
- Newsom: Danial Morales, Donovan Geter and Isayah Franklin are the players of interest.
- Bloomingdale: Be ready for a shoot out! Not a lot of interior play but watch for Drew Bethoney and Trent Weinert.
- Riverview: Still searching for some identity
- Alonso: Need to put some things together.
- Tampa Catholic(favorite): Highly anticipated D1 prospect Kevin Knox and Thomas Dziagwa are ready to control this district.
- Berkeley Prep: Jacob Mathis will be the premier player but look for some guys to contribute off that team.
- Sarasota military Academy: Not enough information
- Booker: Not enough information