Greensboro, NC – The Greensboro Sports Complex was the location that hosted the highly anticipated CP3 Rising Stars Camp. With over 240 participants of the 2021 class with ambitions and dreams of becoming the next big thing. Rising Freshmen from various locations came to put their stamp on the court. Typically Bay Area Hoops is pretty good when it comes to evaluating talent however, we were tested with the large amount of athletes in the gym this past weekend! Unable to stay for the Dunk Contest and Allstar games, I moved throughout the facility viewing multiple games and evaluating players in extensive drills segments as much as possible. Here are a few players that peeked my interest.
6’8″ F Trey Patterson, Rutgers Prep (NJ) – Patterson’s game was very impressive. In our first viewing, he demonstrated multiple problems for defenders with his strength and agility. You will talk about this 2021 player for years to come. Patterson skill set is promising plus at his position he overshadows his peers. Patterson is a high D1 Prospect and considerable the top in his class without a doubt.
6’6″ SG Terrance Clarke, The Rivers School (MA) Clarke will be a player to focus on has he continues to develop. He can easily get to spots on the floor with no issues using patience and will make great use of his first step to get into the paint. Clarke is much more advanced then others and with added core strengthening he will be really good.
6’9″ F Moussa Diabate, Florida Prep Academy (FL) – Diabate’s height and versatility makes him a very dominant prospect. From the first few drills segments there was no debate that Diabate upside is off the charts. Understanding that he still his working on parts of his game and still figuring out where his best opportunities are on the court, the future is bright for this kid.
6’10” F/C Frank Anselem, Westlake (GA) – Arguably the best big man in the camp. Physically dominant in the post and powerful when finishing at the basket. Anselem knows his role and stays within the comfort zones of the paint. Really would like to see him shot more from high post positions and off pick and pops. He’s effective when he runs the floor and shows he can be an asset in almost any offensive set.
5’10” PG Jackie Johnson, Wichita North (KS) – Johnson has that “IT” factor. At his age he understands the job description of being an efficient PG. The lefty will comfortable make defenses respect his abilities and at any giving moment can creat space to improve scoring opportunities. With improvement on shooting and avoiding defensive mismatch, Johnson will definitely make strides on becoming one of the best.
6’7” F Jonathan Kuminga, Iona Prep (NY) – Physical, energetic and plays with force. Kuminga can be effective in the post or from the wing using his scoring attitude. Kuminga displays a comfort to make passes well for such a young player. Like each player at the event, Kuminga has some things to work on but his capabilities will help him be that special player throughout his career.
- Tariq Eubanks, Team NEBC (NY)
- Carter Whitt, Team Loaded (NC)
- Jalen Blackmon, Team Teague (IN)
- Johnathan Lawson, Team Penny (TN)
- Dallas Turner, Nike Team Florida (FL)
- Franck Kepnang, PSA Cardinals (NY)
- Daniel Nixon, PSA Cardinals (NY)
- Jahsean Corbett, DC Blue Devils (FL)
- William Jeffress, Team Durant (DC)
- Khailieo Terry, Heat (US Virgin Islands)
- Caleb Furst, Team Teague (IN)
- Adam Walden, Team Melo, (MD)
- Redford Dunton, Carolina Ledgends (NC)
- Kordel Charles, UPLAY (CAN)
- Amare Marshall, NJ Playaz (NJ)
- Sheer Akot, DC Blue Devils (NH)
- Bobby Moore, Georgia Stars (GA)
- AJ Neal, Showtime Ballers (FL)
- Quron Zene, NY Lightning (NY)
- Trevor Keels, Team Takeover (MD)
- Walter Clayton, Team Knight, (FL)
- Khailieo Turner, Team Manimal (KY)
- Shane Edwards, Houston Hoops Blue Chips (WA)
- Isaiah Cornish, Team Melo (MD)
- Jameon Harris, Showtime Ballers (FL)
- Charles Bediako, UPlay Canada (CAN)
- Bretner Mutombo, 1 Family (FL)
- OT Delancy, Showtime Ballers (FL)
- J.B. Blakeney, Carolina Legend (NC)
- Jeremiah Dotson, Wisconsin Shooters (WI)
- Micheal James, E1T1 (FL)